View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 10:48 AM
tall guy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014

I was in the Navy enlisted and was offered a program for me to go get my degree and come back as an officer. I was in a fighter squadron based in Oceana VA. After I completed my degree I had to pay the Navy back with 8 years of service not to mention I had already done 4 years already. I wanted to fly in the Navy but I didn't want to go back on another 6 month deployment and spent 3-4 months on "workups" prior to going out on cruise again. I would have been gone a full year from home. I was single and I could imagine what it was like for the guys that had kids. I decided to decline the Navy's offer and got my degree and my pilot certificates. This is all before the 1500 hour rule. After I declined and enrolled in college "BOOM"!!!! 9/11 hit. I could have been immediately reactivated but I had no call. The only call I got was from my legal officer asking me to update my recall information as I was on reserve status. The Military is NO JOKE!!!! The commercials are great but please join for the right reasons. It will take time to get to were you wanna be but you will get there. I'm not at 1500 yet so I have to flight instruct a little while but I'm getting there and you will too.