Old 05-26-2015, 10:52 AM
idlethrust
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by F16Driver View Post
Completely Agree!
I agree,not everyone will get a job at the majors or an LLC.For those who end up at a regional for the long run you should be able to make capt. Once that happens in a few years in todays market,you can easily make 100k a year.Not bad for flying an rj no matter how you look at it.
Look guys, I'm in no way defending the regionals,their pay or anything. All I'm saying is,i don't understand why people take a job knowing what it pays, and when the company pays,you exactly what they said they would, now youre,****ed and mad and thinks it's unfair.
If everyone stopped taking those jobs,they would,be forced to do something about the pay.Right now though not many regionals are struggling to fill classes.Some are doing better than others but they are still filling classes.
Believe it or not there are a couple of regionals where 2nd or 3rd year FO pay is over $40.00 per hour. After a couple of years you should be looking at the left seat anyway.
I actually know of several fo's that learned how to work the system and they make over 50k a year.So it can be done.Not everyone can or will do it,some people aren't that motivated but it can be done. So yes, the regionals are meant to be a stepping stone to something better I get it.But once again to down the pilots who fly RJs and talk loudly about how little some,of them make to the general public on a plane or in the boarding area to me is useless.It dosent help or prove a thing.
So yes,when this guy was talking people were shaking their heads,not at what he was saying but at how foolish and idiotic it made him look.