View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 03:02 PM
OldFlyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
These are rough numbers:

At AAL, the current fleet makeup is 9% in band 1, 25% in band 2 and 65% in band 3. When the 75/76s and the MD80s go away, that changes to 9% in band 1 and 91% in band 3. The group's total pay goes down, and career earnings potential will drop as well. There are assumptions that I made with respect to fleet, but I used all current models and orders and removed only the 75/76s and M80s.

I disagree with you on training. If you are making the same on a 737 as you would on an A320, why go to training? It is the transition that has everyone perplexed. Once it is in place, there is zero reason to go to training unless you just want to fly a particular type of airframe for whatever reason. And at that point, who cares about freezes?
Minor point. AAL has zero band 1 aircraft- 747/380. But the "pay band shift" you are describing is a real issue. Esp on the small jet side of the equation. AAL contract to me looks like DAL +7%, crap work rules, no Profit Sharing and small jets shifting to "smaller." Not good. Pay banding in general I feel strongly both ways. OFG