Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Elliot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: "Prof" button manipulator

Originally Posted by John Carr View Post
A mistake is wearing a polka dot tie with a pin stripe shirt.
If you can get by with it, more power to you!

Such a shame we have to live in such a PC world, coddle people with kid gloves, and defend the actions of people that are professional and held to a higher standard. As well as be calm professionals under pressure. What? Were they on fire? Did the controller almost run them into another airplane?
Please try reformatting the above paragraph. What the "F" are you talking about? Where did I ever say we should treat this "Capt. Happy" with political correctness or kid gloves? The point of my original post was to illustrate there might have been more going on behind the scenes than just someone who has a full-time attitude problem. (80kts brought light to the situation.)

Sadly, had that not made the media it would have NEVER even gotten that far. And "CA Happy" wouldn't have had to do a carpet dance and would continue full speed ahead at 220V unchecked. And the controller probably would have forgot about it by his next bathroom break.
Really, I don't have issue with the Captain facing the consequences of his action(s). I just don't see the point of dwelling on it almost two years later?

TOTD material to re-post something that happened that long ago? Poss-probably!