View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 09:06 PM
intrepidcv11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by baseball View Post
Was threatened to fly or have the days of non-availability deducted from my paycheck. This was a common occurrence. ALPA said it was legal for company to do. ACP Hugh Dean, CP Gary Small, CP Andy Jost, ACP LLoyd Robeson, ACP Tom Pinardo, ACP Kip Komidor all routinely threatened pilots, and ALPA just stood by and watched.
If you are using this as an excuse for why you took 9 JM events during the Summer '08 then you are perfect rep of why CAL pilots were always management's little puppies. Myself and numerous friends had jetway encounters with 2 infamous EWR ACP's that summer and each one of us used the magical UNAVAILABLE word. Surprisingly we never heard further and had clean pay checks around our Pbs splatted line value. But oh we got told to be VERY afraid...

In my simple world, the last thing I would do with my buddy getting furloughed in 2 weeks would be to accept a JM assignment. But I heard plenty of excuses of why others just had to do take that JM. My favorite was always "ALPA won't tell us not to do it!"