View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 10:14 PM
Egg320
Jet Jockey Junkie

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: F.O.

Originally Posted by germanaviator View Post
Hmmm, I may be wrong but it seems you are somehow frustrated with Europe or Europeans. It has not been my experience that European pilots feel self entitled. Most guys I have ever flown with (including cargo turboprop ops, B737 scheduled pax airline and VIP work) did not come from Oxford or similar schools but from all walks of life and all kind of backgrounds including bush flying in Africa and flying Concorde for BA or aerobatics displays with the Red Arrows. And, I thought their hand flying skills were just fine for the most part. I have also flown with Kiwi, US and Canadian pilots and I thought they were just as good but not necessarily better.

Depending on the quality of the operation you worked for in Europe, your mileage may vary but I'm not sure your broad brush statements are justified.
Let me just clarify, I'm not frustrated with European pilots. I also feel there are many many good pilots here who are outstanding people as well.

I am however extremely disappointed in the European model. It is broken and in urgent need of repair with many many serious flaws.

I have flown with some excellent GErman, British, DUtch etc aviators who were very skilful but I found this to be amongst guys who are old school for the most part.

A huge part of the new guys coming through are self entitled twits that think the world owes them an aviation career when there are 5000 to 10000 hour twin turbine pilots who are very good but cannot get jobs because of the P2F and 500 hours on type nonsense that airlines are allowed to get away with here.