Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 01:02 PM
Kerosene Xwind
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by Plane Ramrod View Post
I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here. I don't know of anything that prohibits use of such software, so before we start burning people at the stake, I think a MOU prohibiting it is in order.
I don't think there is auto bidding going on as much as people's underestimating the speed at which someone can input trade requests and thus assume it must be computer automated. I watched a senior capt at the start of DOT input more than 15 swap requests in under 20 secs or to put it another way, the same amount of time it took me to analyze and input just one request. I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't just witnessed it. Then we waited for over 2 and a half hours before the requests were starting to get answered. Out of the 15 request the first 7 were approved 1 denied and a few more were denied because they were dependent on something on one of the first 7 that had already changed. It showed me that a person with a computer and a mouse can beat by a large margin a person on an iPad or iPhone.