View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 04:23 PM
bohicagain
looking for underboob

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: NYC 7ER LCA

Originally Posted by slowplay View Post
You're handling it in the right way, but the scheduling supe has a contractual point. Make sure your GS request reflects your real wishes or don't acknowledge/answer the phone. The following is from the Scheduling Reference Handbook, available on the DALPA scheduling committee page:

Green Slips are manually processed by Crew Scheduling according to the limitations and preferences entered into PCS by the pilot....

• Crew Scheduling will attempt to notify the pilot of a GS/GSWC award. A GS is not a proffer and the pilot is required to fly the rotation if he acknowledges the award. If unable to contact the pilot, Crew Scheduling will bypass the pilot and move to the next eligible bidder. Crew Scheduling is required to allow the pilot a minimum of ten minutes to respond if the departure is greater than three hours from first attempted contact. High call volume and long hold times may make it difficult to contact Crew Scheduling by phone. If return contact by phone is not possible, the VRU or iCrew should be considered as alternate methods of acknowledging the award.
I have Google voice as my first # so I heard the message while he left the message. When they called my second # I answered only to turn down to be polite. I learned my lesson to ignore and never answer a call from them