View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 06:15 PM
GunshipGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Permanently scarred

Originally Posted by Herkflyr View Post
And I can one-up that...so long as you can email versus a "must fax" requirement. There are numerous "scanning" apps available for your cell phone. The one I use is TurboScan. I believe it cost $3. It is great. You take a picture with your cell phone and it is saved within the app. You can send it as a pdf, email it to yourself, upload to Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

I use it for receipts that I feel I might need but usually lose, all auto repair receipts (for tracking my vehicle history), any tax deductible receipts such as uniform items, etc.

I recently had a rotation expense (cab due to screwup with hotel transportation). I got the cab receipt, "scanned" it with TurboScan and then threw it away. I emailed the receipt to myself as a pdf, then forwarded that along with my expense report to the email address that the pilot support center uses. Worked great!
Maybe this is some how better than a free app that appears to do the same thing: Scannable (which works well with another app called Evernote). Scannable does a fine job of just that--scanning.