Guppy reserve EWR
PA Slammer
Guppy reserve EWR
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2013
  • Position
    737 FO
Quote: Don't be too hard on that concept.
While they are no Rockies, the mountains and wooded areas of eastern PA are quite nice. I moved there 6 weeks ago and have been trying to get a feel for everything the area has to offer. 2 days ago I went fly fishing for browns with my buddy while on reserve in EWR. I just joined a gun club and plan to sit reserve while putting lead down range as well. I am happy with the area for the most part and absolutely thrilled with how fast my seniority is climbing in the sewer. I should be a line holder with 6-7 months on property. That being said you couldn't pay me enough to live in NY, NJ or DE so 75 min drive is about as good as I can do.
I live in Pittsburgh right now and from what I hear, the commute wouldn't be bad at all. However, feel like I pretty much chewed up what this place has to offer. I've hiked, climbed, paddled and biked everything in the tri-state area. There really is no comparison to Colorado. I just have to figure out how I'm going to do it.

So is it safe to say, that every trip / reserve I'll be on (if commuting out of Denver) will involve an added day on the front half and the back half?