Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 05:29 PM
flyingdutchman1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011

Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
I've been following this thread for a while and it's mostly convinced me not to touch this place but a while ago I got the call (using the shotgun approach to resumes) and now I'm considering it. I know, I must be crazy...

Here's my deal, I'm a forever FO at a regional that's losing flying and I've been "2 years away from upgrade" for 6 years. I really don't have much to set my resume apart from the sea of other RJ FOs as evidenced by only Allegiant calling.

So I guess here's my question, is this place worth going to for a type rating? Is it realistic and/or are people using Allegiant as a revolving door to head to better places? I heard from a friend that his buddy spent 6 months there, hated it and then went to a major. Yeah, I know, one anecdote does not make a good reason to go to a place like Allegiant but I do think an A320 type would set me apart to the likes of Delta, United, etc.

Also do you guys have ASAP?

Thanks
We do have an ASAP. If it helps your perspective any I've been here for about 4 years. In the 80 for 3 years, now in the airbus. I've had my app out with Delta, United, and Alaska and no calls. I have over 4,000 TPIC and about 10,000 TT. I haven't seen where an Airbus type has helped. But I do believe this is a better place than a regional. Also, who knows we may get a great contract soon and youll be glad you came. But come here planning on being here long term, because who knows what the majors are looking for.