View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 02:51 PM
cardiomd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

Originally Posted by RhinoPherret View Post
Ah…right. Because a massive education program from an internet source will surely put a stop to this kind of reckless stupid behavior. Massive education plans have worked so well as an example with ah, let’s see, drunk driving? Are you kidding me? Really? Just really? I am assuming Fantasyland must be your favorite section of Disneyland.

As you said, people are going to do idiotic things regardless. There there are consequences for doing idiotic stupid things in life. Sometimes they are not nice or fair consequences. But then I could care less about the severity of the consequences because I do not go around aiming lasers at aircraft or other people etc.
I agree might not be the most effective, but it is likely more cost-efficient and effective than locking people up, which consumes a significant percentage of our national resources already. These war-on-drug style programs don't work either and are quite costly! Being a fiscal conservative I detest the prison-industrial complex that is somehow big business in America.

Also agree consequences are not necessarily fair but that is why lady cardiomd has a job, and doesn't mean we shouldn't "try" to make things fair. I doubt many people that lase aircraft are repeat offenders (repeat laser-s). From the demographics most are just young pranksters that need their life to be turned around.