Thread: Multi time help
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 11:07 AM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Flightcap View Post
So tell me, as a 20-something years old kid with 1500 TT and 25 Multi, would you have taken the regional airline job, the ag job, or the single pilot freight job if offered all three?
Ag is single pilot.

I did take the ag job, and I took it at 250 hours, not 1,500. I was eighteen at the time.

Originally Posted by Bell0805 View Post
The point is you know nothing about me.
I know only what you posted here. It speaks volumes. I don't want or need to know any more about you, as I've only addressed what you've posted here. Think about it.

I came from nothing and I mean nothing.
As did I. Quite literally no two nickles to rub together. Homeless twice. Been there. So what?

You think you're special, don't you? That's your reason for seeking to do the bare minimum? That's your excuse?

I have paid for everything besides food and housing since I was ten years old. I joined the military and served until I got discharged after 5 years medically. I then moved to south Florida having only my wife and child around. I did this to become a pilot and in under two years I have my ratings and my hours to make it to the airlines minus multi time. In those two years I've worked as much as I could hence all of my ratings and 1100 hours. I gained my associates and now I'm only 5 classes away from my bachelors at Embry Riddle.
You do think you're special and perhaps unique.

You have your basic certification and a modicum of experience. That's nice. Your'e also seeking to get the bare minimum experience, and you sound entitled, as though you feel that by obtaining the bare minimum experience you will be graced with automatic career progression. Check the boxes, climb the curtain, then?

You're married. So are many of the rest of us. You're a riddle rat. How nice. Don't say that too loud.

If you think working as a CFI is not experience then your poorly mistaken.
I said nothing about working as a CFI, nor did I compare working as a CFI to any level of experience. YOU are poorly mistaken. Take a breath and calm down.

Can I take it that you had a problem with money in order to gain your instrument rating? That seems to be the best solution to not getting such an important rating.
No, you can't take it. You'd be wrong.

I didn't need an instrument rating; I was flying ag, and didn't have a need. I obtained my instrument in order to obtain my CFI. Is this relevant or important to you for some reason?

There are very few pilots if you look at other occupations out there and we should be a family willing to help when possible.
Pilots are a dime a dozen, and most of them not worth their weight in wet salt. Get used to it.

Get over it. You want to be worth something in this business, seeking the minimum, and I mean bare minimum qualification is NOT the way to go.

If you do not know enough about aviation to understand there are not many jobs out here looking to hire anyone with 13 hours of multi time. That is the reason you have to build time. Now am I wrong to try to use my God given brain to ask for help before using savings that I will surely need down the road. I have a wife and child and what I do will always be to better them.
Yes, you're wrong.

I had less than 13 hours of multi engine experience when I was hired into my first multi engine job. If you don't have that minimal level of experience, stay with your valuable instructing and pick up some multi time. You seem to think that multi experience is a box to check; get the bare minimum, it's enough. You don't need real world experience, just a few hours in a logbook and off you go. Very sad.

You haven't been in aviation very long. I've been in aviation for several decades, and yes, I'm quite aware of what jobs are out there as I keep very close tabs on hiring in the industry. You should, too. It's quite apparent that you don't.

Go on. Seek your minimal qualification and latch onto a regional. Ride it until you're bitter, and then compete with the thousands of other similarly qualified applicants with narrow backgrounds, for your major slot. Celebrate the race to the bottom. Good luck.

I just read your reply don't worry sir I will make the time to give u the disrespect you deserve later.
Still waiting.

Last edited by JohnBurke; 06-05-2015 at 11:27 AM.