Thread: Multi time help
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 04:52 PM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Flightcap View Post
If being an ag pilot (SINGLE ag pilot, my horrific mistake), freight pilot, fractional, parachutists, banner towing, charter, air ambulance, atmospheric research, intelligence work, corporate, various government assignments, firefighting, airline, instructing, etc. makes me disdain others' career paths and go to great lengths to tell them so, I'd rather avoid those options.
I said nothing about distain for other career paths. I've done those career paths. Some, am doing. No distain at all.

My statement here: get experience. It's that which has the inexperienced and the quitters riled up, and it's that which has them wetting their pants and posting immature drivel at the level of a 14 year old.

When some wish to do the bare minimum that they can possibly get away with, who profess a desire to do a job which requires nothing more than receiving a paper and flying instruments, and who couldn't possibly be bothered to go get real world experience, it's little wonder such would be upset at the concept of working for a living, or bettering themselves by improving their skills and abilities.

Why do that, when they can get 12 hours in the cockpit, count themselves experienced, and march out to conquer the world?

For some, apparently "get experience" equates to stealing souls, destroying dreams, and damning them for eternity. "Get experience" is apparently a painful thing to hear, and one which condemns entire segments of the industry (ones on which they're not qualified to comment and have never done, as they have no experience). It appears that some here, all inexperienced and some quitters of the profession, and deeply troubled by the admonition to seek experience, and are quite content to read into it whatever they will. Far better to roll around and whine and cry than to get their butt out the door and get some experience.