View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 07:14 PM
badtransam97
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by chrisreedrules View Post
Things change and this career we have chosen is going through a period full of more change than normal. I picked my airline because of the ease of commute out of my home airport. 5 to 9 flights per day from JAX to CLT. Well that has recently been cut back. The remaining flights are almost always full, and my commute has become much more difficult in a matter of a few months. Things are changing. If you live in an outstation or a base served primarily by a regional, you could be in for a rude awakening when it comes to getting to and from work. I was on a mainline flight home and the mainline guys were saying how it has become really tough getting home sometimes. Because of RAH staffing problems and AAG deciding to cut back on mainline feed, now we have less service.
Looks like the safest, less stressful way is to drive. I have heard they are trying to pack as many paying folks into the flights as well. I flew this past week for vacation, and on the 4 different planes I was on, there were only 1-2 seats empty on each one. Did see 2 pilots in uniform with their wife's on one, so that's provably a few seats there. All in all though, the time spent getting to work is almost the same either way I look at it, with driving possibly a little shorter.