View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Hondata
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Piper 140 commercial student

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
No one can tell you what's right or wrong for you, but I will caution you that your attitude does seem to signal an aptitude for single-pilot freight, survey, patrol, or wildlife tracking, NOT airline or corporate flying.

Most professional turbine airplanes use two pilots, and they both have to be amenable to working together. Also as a capatin, you will be acting as a CFI with the newer FO's whether you like it or not...if you just act like a grumpy old SOB with the newbies you will intimidate them thereby taking them out of the decision and backup loop. Guess what...you're now flying single pilot again! Actually the airlines developed CRM concepts for exactly this reason...and they have gotten darn good at weeding out applicants who aren't CRM-compatible.
why do you think i hate students, i just have no desire to tell anyone anthing when i dont have any real experience, if i get to be a captian for an airline, ill probably have figured things out and then i fell ill be qualified to tell someone something, and secondly an FO has his own experience. Im not their sole source of infomation