View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 09:39 AM
e6bpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
Could someone post what a junior reserve bid looks like at OAK or PHX? I.e...x days on....x days off? From previous threads, it looks like it's a 2 hour call out? Is it a monthly bid?Thanks in advance.

Monthly bid, two hour call out. Bottom 30 or so lines are pure reserve.

15 days off a month, typically 4 and 3 day blocks with 3 or 4 days off in between. Heavy on weekends when reserves get used most. Typically Thursday or Friday start, some Saturday starts. Very few Sun-Tues starts. Lines are 90 TFP, or 6 TFP per day of reserve.

Typically you are assigned a trip the day prior, but have to be contactable and in domicile when your rap starts no matter what time the trip starts. RAPs are either AM or PM. I think AM RAPs start around 0300 local time. PM starts around noon local. Both go 14 hours. Last day you are released if you don't get used in the first 9 hours.

Paid by the month meaning if you work the first 12 days of reserve, you can sit the last three for almost nothing in pay. Hopefully that will change soon. Typically I go over my reserve guarantee every month though.

In a month, you will typically only sit 1 or 2 days. The rest you will fly. Reserves work a lot at SWA. The 15 days off a month is really nice, especially if you commute, but the other rules were designed for a growing airline where someone would only have to sit reserve for a few months. Guys hired early in this wave should have a line in a junior base after around 3 or 4 months max.