Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 02:46 PM
CLMP
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010

Originally Posted by tailendcharlie View Post
I don't know what circles you run in @ G4 but in 6 years here I've never seen evidence of the hostility toward new hires you describe. Trust me; I've been around including a dinosaur legacy back in the day notorious for @-h*!e captains. It's not like that here, at all.
While any maltreatment towards new hires has traditionally been nonexistent, I believe G4Troop was alluding to a shifting in that direction as the pilots' strife is about to get remarkably worse. It may happen, it may not. I have quite a bit of contact with new hires and believe me, they have done their homework and know what they're getting themselves into.

The rest of Troop's post is 100% true. By keeping that "just better than a regional" mentality, they will have a healthy supply of new pilots for the immediate future all the while ensuring that these pilots don't overstay their welcome. In the next few months, this company will be losing captains who have been here the better part of a decade or more. What will be the mood at corporate when said pilots give their 2 weeks notice? My prediction is restrained jubilation due to the higher cost associated with such longevity now going out the door.