View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 02:15 AM
PeezDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: CRJ

Originally Posted by wmupilot85 View Post
I tend to disagree....but also agree as well. Yes, no one wants to come here due to the upgrade time, but having no PIC time doesn't mean not moving on. I just saw a 6 yr DTW FO who had his last day 2 days ago, and it moving onto Delta Air Lines.

I'm just being hypothetical here now, but lets say that we can show Delta and United that we can staff additional flying, while providing a great, reliable service. Lets just say that we get those additional 25 CRJ-900's that Delta still has yet to award. Lets also assume that we can get a contract, that has higher pay, better work rules, and over all better compensation than what we have now. Those 25 planes equates to an additional assumption of 125-130 captains. With this years attrition, that drops upgrade time down to maybe 3-4 years instead of 8 years.

So we get additional flying, which brings upgrade time down, and an industry leading contract, and then we're able to attract new hires who will stay for a few years instead of leaving right away. The pilots, and the company both know that the current method isn't working - because we're not attracting many new hires. We will have a few people on here that will say it will NEVER happen, as in a better contract, and additional flying, and a lower upgrade time, but that's also part of the problem. The negativity doesn't attract new hires, thus making our companies situation much more grim than it could be. ****ed because you can't upgrade because there are no FO's to back fill? Why not try to get pilots to come here, to create more movement, and thus move you up in the sonority list.
All of the above would be nice if that happens. However, it's not our job to cheer lead for this company. It's their job to attract pilots with juicy incentives. I would be more willing to talk positive about the company if there was, in fact, anything positive to talk about. Get us a new, fair and better contract, and lower the upgrade time from now over 8 years. As for now, I don't exactly feel loved here. I also couldn't in good conscience tell someone to come here. If it was actually good for your career to come here, I wouldn't hesitate.