View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 05:32 AM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by hockeypilot44 View Post
Why did Kingsley Roberts get recalled? I actually liked the guy and thought he was going to do us right. Next thing you know he's gone. I don't follow politics that closely. I always laugh though when they say Donatellie was on the strike committee. Didn't he serve after contract 2k was signed? That would mean he served during the one time in history when a strike was never on the table. What exactly did he do? I guess he has people skills. He deals with people.
Kingsley was doing a very good job as MEC chairman. Where he went wrong was his push to change the MEC administration from top-down to a true bottom-up. He was actually beginning initiatives to do that when the holdovers from Moak/O'Malley saw this threat and acted. They sabotaged every effort from Kingsley even though they worked for him. At the peak of their sabotage, they made a case to the MEC that the administration was so dysfunctional, Roberts needed to be recalled...even though they were purposely causing the dysfunction.

It was a truly shameful time. The Moak/O'Malley holdovers who did this to someone they worked for were disloyal and dishonorable. That's who's running the MEC admin show now. Given this, there should be very little surprise that this TA has been dumped in our lap.

Carl