View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 02:33 PM
newKnow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

Originally Posted by bobnwa View Post
Then you don't think that being in the top 5% of American wage earners is being well paid? How much would be enough?

Ok Bob,

I'll talk to you. If we are the top 5% of all wage earners, then fine. But, what are we when you factor in that we are away from home for up to two-thirds of the month. I'm sure our ranking goes way down at that point. I'm sure we also fall in the rankings when you factor in degrees, professional experience, and time with company when you compare pay.

What I'm saying is that for us in the real world it is pretty sorry that someone can work for a company for 20-25+ years, be gone from home more than twice what the average 9-5 worker is, be exposed to a harmful environment, and still make less than a lot of nurses, radiation therapist, and air traffic controllers, ect.

What we are saying is that is is pretty pathetic that someone can go to college for four years, build up time flight instructing or flying in the millitary for 6+ years or working for the commuters for 5+ years, then to get a job at the "majors" and make less than a manager at Walmart.

Join us here in the real world as we express our discontent.

Walmart Pay Rate and Salary

Posted by walmartworker at 2004-10-14 12:03

I thought I would post some info on walmart pay that people could compare to other retailers.
Company Statistics
Hourly Positions
Support Mgr my rate is $14.98 but in my store the five supports make between $9.93 to $21.23 an hour. The person making $21.23 has been with company 26 years so he skews the average. Btw we don't follow company policy about discussing rate of pay
Dept Mgr $10.62
Sales Assoc. $8.27
Overnight Stockers $9.29
Cashiers $8.05
The average walmart hourly pay $9.26
Salary Positions
Regional VP $279,772
District Manager $177,149
Store Manager $89,000
Co-Manager $56,317
Asst. Manager $37,322
Mgmt Trainee $22,371.