View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 11:58 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by CGfalconHerc View Post
bringing the E190 to mainline
They are touting this a lot but its worth re-mentioning we already own the E190 flying 100%. If they want it, we have to fly it. We didn't "capture" it with this TA. We captured it several contracts ago and owned it ever since. Same for the 380 or anything else. If they want it here, we have to fly it. Period.

The TA does put the rates at a better place than current book, mostly because current book was inked a while ago and never updated to reflect even JB rates. If they forced them on us at current rates they would have a mutiny on their hands, and likely some first year captains, and a lot more churn within the fleet anyway. Nearly 100% of FO's would churn after 1 year at current book rates not ot mention morale would suffer as the most profitable airline in the galaxy flew the at pay rates significantly less than JB. The company doesn't want that either.

They claim they envision this demand for 50 of these "hundred seaters". OK, fine. And they absolutely under no circumstance will (at this point) say the 190's are replacements for anything other than RJ's. Once again, great. The TA reduces DCI seats by 2%. OK, again, fine. So:

If we don't sign then they are either getting the 190's anyway, or they are going to cancel them and try and cover 50 E190/195's worth of lift with 2% DCI in the form of 50 seaters that they can't staff anyway. Or abandon otherwise profitable markets to the tune of 50 "hundred seaters" worth of lift as a penalty. LOL. No way.

And the 40 extra 737's that are all replacements are going to come regardless because they have to replace what they are replacing anyway.

We're being asked to buy what we already own, and the only thing we're really getting out of it are better 190 rates sooner (there is some value to that) and the 1.81 MBHR (also an improvement). In exchange we are breathing more life into DCI particularly helping them out of their severe and worsening staffing crisis.

I guess the real question here would be: is the 1.81 MBHR sufficient enough to insure the 50 E190's couldn't be used to replace any significant amount of current mainline lift and still allow them to enjoy the full compliment of the newly revitalized DCI fleet?

I honestly don't know the awnser to that and am hoping someone does. As of right now I don't like it and until my concerns are alleviated it is a huge tic mark in the no column (along with others).