Thread: What happend to working for a job and not paying for one? This is getting rediculous

Flying Ninja , 02-24-2006 09:26 AM
Need More Flight Time!
Flying Ninja
Need More Flight Time!
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2006
  • Position
    Flight Simulator X
Quote: I've said it once, I'll say it again. Rather than blaming these young, starry-eyed ones for destroying the industry take a proactive approach and get them on our side.
I don't work for any airlines. I've read enough on the messgae boards and have gone through a high price tag flight training program to form my own opinion. My stand is to advise people to avoid these flight training programs and look for alternatives and give suggestions based on the mistakes I've made and the cost involved with those mistakes.

I don't have any problems with AOPA's magazine. Like I said, I like the pretty pictures.

Quote: If something isn't going the way you would like it to, before you start complaining, ask yourself, "what have I done to improve this situation?"
I've done everything I possibly can to get into the aviation industry. Unfortunately, people who encouraged me to chase this flying dream of mine are indirectly responsible for my poor broke ass as I have spent everything I earned to chase the dream. Have I done everything? I don't know. You tell me. Have I spent all my money chasing the dream? Absolutely! So your generalization, while appreciated, doesn't apply to people like me. What can you do when you have no more money and you're over $100K in debt with no way of paying it back and jobless? I'm open to your suggestions so that I can answer your question, "what have I done to improve this situation?" because right now, I'm asking, "what have I done that got me into this situation?" Of course, I'm being sarcastic. I know what I did. I listend to people who said, "go for your dream...so many people don't chase their dreams...flying is great, you'll get a job...oh, you're going to Embry-Riddle's CAPT program? oh...Riddle has a great reputation..." Yeah, all that bullsh!t landed my ass broke with no job and no options left but to go back to the desk job I had.

Dream chasing can be deadly and expensive.