View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 07:01 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by N927EV View Post
View PostUnread Today, 06:04 AM
Remove user from ignore listeaglefly
This message is hidden because eaglefly is on your ignore list.

It's been done for a while. Pretty soon everyone will have blocked that douche and we won't even get to read his posts through quotes!
* Another note to this threads participants and please don't quote it so as to avoid inflicting further agony on members already in the throes of self-imposed emotional distress :

This is an important post to understand. Clearly, the majority of members here are interested in multiple points-of-view, even if they disagree with them and on this subject include those both not at Envoy and some that are. This is a sign of maturity in engaging in discourse. Others though, exhibit two traits that say more negatively about them, then it does about me. First, if one reads my posts, they are simply opinions and discussion/debate regarding a SUBJECT, unlike, the less mature members who personally attack the member instead of debate his message when they disagree with it. The second and more disturbing trait, is the demand and/or expectation that others not just disagree with them, but actually have the right to CONTROL them so that others will not hear from those they disagree with. It's the desire to silence dissent.

This trait is commonly seen among the governments of the Soviet Union, Cuba, North Korea and Iran among others. Unfortunately, the post above highlights that while we live in a free society and a democracy, there are always those who believe the only opinion that should be heard by others is one that they agree with and that in reality, they believe those two concepts only apply to their points-of-view. For those unaware, there is a segment of pilots at Envoy who subscribe to this very philosophy, but that does not encompass the majority there. Many pilots there are just as critical as me and question the claims and efforts made by a small, but vocal minority to skew and spin the situation in the hope it will benefit them. All one has to do to avoid my comments, is simply not read them.