View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 12:08 PM
WEACLRS
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: 737/FO

Originally Posted by iflyjets4food
This has been my goal for a long time now, although not for the reasons that some people might be trying to get there. Colgan has a base where my wife is from and where we want to live. I'm not interested in going to another regional because flying a jet just isn't my dream. Call me crazy. I may, sometime in the not-so-near future, be interested in giving a try at the majors, but right now, I just want to get a position where I'll be home at night, upgrade fairly quickly, and most importantly, learn a TON. I see Colgan as the vehicle that will allow me to do those things. I'll keep ya posted, and I hope to see ya on the line.
If it comes up in the interview let them know that while you'll be looking forward to bidding that particular base, but both you and your wife have agreed YOU ARE WILLING TO GO ANYWHERE in the Colgan system until you can bid the base. Don't leave them with the impression it's that particular base or bust. You can get just about any base within a couple of months. They like the fact you'll stay in a base and want to live there. But they get nervous when they hear it's the "only" base for you...

Last edited by WEACLRS; 02-24-2006 at 12:29 PM.