View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Eject
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by Skyvector View Post
It's coming from the company. It's no secret Republic is having staffing issues among other problems. It seems it has begun to affect their MIA flying. I haven't been based in MIA for almost a year but from everyone I speak to it's an issue. I have heard similar things from our DFW CPO. At Envoy we are also doing more and more MIA flying...more than I have seen in a while. Many of our July lines are a deadhead sandwich to MIA....Deadhead on AA at the beginning and end of the trip.

Again, I don't know what the long term play will be with Republic or Mesa. All I know is that both companies are cut from the same cloth. They operate on razor thin margins to undercut other airlines. This doesn't leave any wiggle room for things like actually paying their pilots. It's blowing up in Bedford's face and Mesa is probably next. Mesa takes it a step further even. Their contract with AA has them eating all the costs associated with cancelled flights...of which there are MANY for one reason or another.
I have three friends that left for both mesa and republic over the last year. They had all been at envoy for less than 2 years. They all had the same story...envoy won't be here in a year from now and I will upgrade in a year at Mesa and I can fly a nice new 175 at republic. They all missed their bonuses in January and they all still hate where they are now just like they did before at envoy. Ironically, all three are seriously considering reapplying at envoy and wish they never would have left. I wish them the best!