View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 10:16 AM
billyho
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by nuball5 View Post
I am just as frustrated over the lack of a future from AWAC as anyone. It's defintely hard seeing other carriers grow with a clear vision and future , while we remain stagnant with a now 2018 expiration date over our heads. Blaming PDT or other wholly-owned pilots for our current state isn't the way to go and isn't a good look.This was inevitable. The fact of the matter is that contract regional carriers like Air Willy are on the way out as the regional model slowly dies. I've come to just accepting it.
Believe me we at Piedmont had that same feeling for the last 6 years. I know exactly how you feel and it sucks. Senior Pilot group, Very old fleet of planes, good contract with great bennies. While at the same time watching people under bidding us and we watch them continue to grow.

We used to think being a WO'ed sucked. You might however be right in the fact that many major s AAG included might see the regional model starting to fall apart and they think if they keep it in house with a direct flow they can salvage what pilots are left and maybe even squeeze out a few contract carriers to get the pilots.

Who knows. As much as people have said I boast about AWAC I actually don't. The market is what it is. Got more then a few friends there and I hope they land on there feet or find another job if needed.

But we at Piedmont know the feeling of not having a future and on top of that with planes timing out left and right.