View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 06:56 AM
Dolphinflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

“By reason of the competitive state of the airline industry following the Delta-Northwest and United-Continental mergers, neither American pilots nor US Airways pilots could legitimately assert that they had realistic distinct or superior stand-alone career expectations based on the economic health of their carrier. Therefore, there is no reason why the Board should place a “thumb on the scale” in favor of either pilot group in weighing the groups’ respective status-and-category or longevity equities based on this factor.”

Say the clowns that just a few years ago, were on the government "free cheese/Obama phone" type support program known as a ATSB loan and for my nearly quarter century, were a drag on my pay and benefits by providing the company and example to point to during contract negotiations regarding what pilots will work for.

From what I've seen, the west never had the expansion opportunities of an airline with an international network nor would have succeeded growing one on their own. Their solution is to take the upgrades on the east and now they want to insert their group into top Group IV seniority down the road in a larger proportion that they should reasonably share.