View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 10:54 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by jdflyer1999 View Post
That's a rather glib statement. I think that for you, off duty travel shouldn't be a significant factor. I love my travel benefits and my family, I laws and friends use them extensively. It is one of the major reasons I joined this profession.

In the past 12 months we have:
Gone diving in Central America
Been to London 2 times
Been to Ireland 3 times
Gone to Texas for wedding
Surfing in Cali (6 times)
Spent two weekends in Chicago.

My extended family has:
Gone to Europe 3 times
Been to China (twice)
Gone to NJ

We've used AA, USAirways, Delta, United, Aer Lingus, British Airways.

We've been first or business class on all of them except BA.

We are going to Hawaii, Sydney, and New Zealand next spring.

We typically spend one weekend a month traveling and love it. My travel benefits are extremely important to me and being considered as AA for CASS has been a huge plus. Being able to Jumpseat international has significantly reduced the price. These benefits also play a huge part in where I'm willing to work.
Yes, this is all fine and nice and I'm not (nor WAS) disputing that. My point was that for a new pilot selecting a regional, this should NOT be at the top of the list or even among the top. Compensation (pay/401(k)) and work rules (QOL) along with advancement potential, stability (keeping that advancement, let alone job) and treatment should all be above non-rev travel, at least if one is smart and in my opinion.

I know pilots at other regionals who have the ability (and HAVE) to travel just like you do. Envoy isn't in a vacuum when it comes to this benefit.