View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 01:40 PM
pilot64golfer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Gets weekends off

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
Because doing so on the LAA side is a benefit it will take me many, many years to enjoy, especially now with thousands of new previously non-AA pilots to get their first and as importantly, it's a result that WOULD NOT HAVE OCCURED FOR THAT PILOT ABSENT THIS MERGER as there was no mechanism in sight that would have made this dispute "ripe" ABSENT THIS MERGER AND SLI.

Why can't you understand THAT ?

I think it's possible the consideration of long fences may just become a more simple solution considering what appears the West's (and I suppose now the East's as well) intransigence in believing a pre-merger West F/O making $100/hour who had no pre-merger expectation of pole-vaulting to an American Airline Group III captains slot making $280/hour as a result of this merger when a similarly situated pre-merger legacy LAA pilot must wait many, many years to match that West pilot meteoric financial blast-off.

Again, it's interesting to note how the West chooses merger concepts based on value to them in a given SLI. With US Airways East, pre-merger career expectations as well as individual and carrier financials were fair game, but now in an even MORE differentiated merger and integration, they somehow don't matter.

Interesting.
Well unfortunately that's a part of mergers. You get to fly what they brought and they get to fly what you brought. We have fences, but 90% of pilots can't hold 747, 777 or A-350 Captain so the fences end and that guy who should have been a Jumbo Captain now waits while the guys integrated ahead of him go to those seats.