View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 07:02 PM
Southernpilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: A320 FO
Default Doing Everything I Can To Get To Spirit

This seems like a good place for this post. I've been researching where I want to hang my hat for last year and if Spirit will have me its where I want to be. Reasons: QOL due to time off and bases that I'd like to live in, Everyone I've met there is nice and it seems like a fun place to work, Growth, International expansion, Excellent equipment, and most importantly a long track record of hiring people from the 135 world i.e. people like me.

I've applied and just finished the initial cog test and psyc test and I felt good about it, I have a take a number ticket to DFW, I'm planning on prepping with Aero Crew before the fair, I'm studying the airline and the test prep from Sheppard and I have a friend that lives in FLL that is really going out his way to get some Spirit friends to recommend me (wish I new someone but I'm isolated in the 135 world). This is all the great info that I've learned from you nice gents over the last year about how to get a job at Spirit.

I've been flying 135 for 12 years, 7000 total, 4000 multi, 3300 turbine PIC, 1230 Jet PIC (citation 560), almost all my time is 135 PIC, IOE instructor, SMS development and safety promotion with current company, finishing my 4 year degree in Oct and most importantly after much consideration I have no plans or desires to go to a Legacy.

The reason I had to bore you with all that info is because the information is need to answer these two questions.

Is there anything else I can do to help with a transition to Spirit?

What are my chances given my experience, and good attitude ?

Thanks in advance!