View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Rainbows
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: Low paid Airbus gear slinger

Originally Posted by frotter View Post
Fountainhead Speech

If we take a moment and educate ourselves on the reality of the relationship between the players in this field, we may reconsider relieving any of those players(mgt) from the outcome of their incompetence (scheduling/gate/ops staffing/outsourcing), poor planning (no thought about contingencies) , and welfare minded reliance on other parties in our product(team players GIVE AWAY their skill/time/product, when mgt cries desperation from the position in which THEY put themselves). The link attached is to a good read addressing how we should approach negotiating the worth of our service, not from our position, but from MANAGMENT's...they have a need for our service...our negotiations should be a function of THAT NEED, not OUR WANT.

NKS shareholders, BB included, have reaped enormous gain from our labor...it is a function of that marketplace success/gain from which we should be discussing how much THEY NEED our skill. Throw in how we rescued them from their own misguided course deviations of the recent past, and our options as SKILLED AGENTS in the work place, and how we can go and be compensated appropriately for the skill, expertise, and hard work, elsewhere if the place shuts down as a function of THEIR POOR PERFORMANCE. I would feel ridden hard and put away, if I neglected my own home world, to pitch in and stave of Spirit's crash of this recent IROP, and then receive this slap in the face of this NC update.
I like what you're saying, but because of the idiocy of those before us who put together the seniority system by date of hire in place, I can't just up and leave because management doesn't value my skill. We can't do a scorched earth policy. I do not want to start over somewhere else, year one and have to wait out my time to get some more seniority. Early enough in airline history, the die was cast to stifle lateral moves within the industry.