View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 02:27 PM
gonyon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by Lobaeux View Post
No, not really. The latest stated goal, and I don't have the quote in front of me, is to be an airline of around 300 planes. We're at 80 now?

I agree we're at the halfway of the current announced order of aircraft, those numbers that have been published, but I believe that's just because management hasn't announced further orders, not because they aren't being planned.

Management has repeatedly said 500 more destinations could be looked at as viable for Spirit, and while I think that number seems extreme, I guess it could be doable. We're not even close to the percentage of flights Ryanair is doing in Europe.

I wouldn't necessarily base my decision to come to Spirit solely on a quick upgrade, but barring any catastrophes, this place should be growing for many, many years.

I agree that there is potential for massive growth. That being said there are several ways to get there including merger. I am not sure I would base my career expectations on possible unofficial unannounced growth plans. It's obvious that there is no good career to be had here in the right seat unless we get a nice raise in a future contract. I think this place was a pretty safe bet to join two years ago. I don't think it's nearly as safe now