Old 06-29-2015, 07:52 AM
HacksawDuggan
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by seekingblue View Post
I was kidding, but your pay is absurdly low. I'm at Jetblue now. Still want to compare W2's over 36 months?

Y'all can do what you want. I normally could care less if you guys want to be the lowest paid Airbus operators in the US. My problem is that we are negotiating a new contract and trying to match Delta/ AA/ United Pay scales. Management is countering us and using your pay as representative.

Maybe y'all can fight for $100/hr year 2 pay so you can be At least in the ball park?
If you are at JetBlue, that means you are working under conditions that management decided on for you. Not exactly blood, sweat, and tears on your part. I am glad the pilots there brought in ALPA representation and wish you the best of luck in your first contract in the spirit of pattern bargaining.

For those interested in coming here.. reserve QOL can be greatly increased with aggressive reserve, long and medium call, and reserve day swapping in Flica. Don't expect to get all weekends/holidays off right off the bat, but in my experience, immediately after IOE I was able swap into at least one or two weekends off and that was with a schedule with all weekend reserve. Pay attention to when the next class hits the line, it increases coverage and allows you more flexibility.

I commuted to reserve and it does wear on you. But if I lived in base, I would bid reserve probably 3/4 months a year and enjoy the time at home.