Old 06-29-2015, 12:17 PM
F9 Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2010

Originally Posted by seekingblue View Post
Y'all can do what you want. I normally could care less if you guys want to be the lowest paid Airbus operators in the US. My problem is that we are negotiating a new contract and trying to match Delta/ AA/ United Pay scales. Management is countering us and using your pay as representative.

Maybe y'all can fight for $100/hr year 2 pay so you can be At least in the ball park?
And another country heard from. It's easy to sit in the cheap seats - seats provided by the largest infusion of start up capital in airline history, in case you forgot.

Jet Blue Skies - Forbes circa 2001: '“I raised the money–$130 million–in two weeks,”' Neeleman says. “We had no [airport] slots, no gates, no planes, nothing. But the investors know me and trust me. Plus, I’m a good storyteller.” Weston and Chase Capital were return investors and George Soros was brought into the deal. After blowing through $30 million before JetBlue flew its first flight, Neeleman appealed for and got another $30 million to plug the hole." (a good investment by Soros BTW).

As Hacksaw sarcastically said, "We enjoy having the lowest AB wages around." - NOT! We are still working under a contract signed at the beginning of 2007, and which has been degraded since.

Maybe you weren't paying attention when we successfully fought our way through bankruptcy, and a couple other significant challenges - so we could exist to negotiate for higher wages?

Now your learned position is that we should have just gone out of business to improve YOUR bargaining position? Nice. There's only too much capacity when it's the other guy's capacity you're talking about. Back to GoJets with you.