Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 07:18 AM
tyler durden
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
I realize this may be written earlier in the forum but since you seem to be logged in, what's the chance of joining on the Airbus? I'm current on the 320 in the Middle East and looking to come home soon. After over 8 years of glass the MD80 might fry my brain.
I would plan on the worst since you never know. Your reasons for fearing the 80 are probably misplaced because the transition from glass isn't that bad (it has a moving map). What you should fear about the 80 is the reliability and bargain basement maintenance done on them. As a new guy, you'll be the reserve guy picking up the pieces: rescue flights, test flights, re-positions, and so forth. Abusive and fatiguing, full of frustration and risk, it has driven many of our guys to leave G4. Google Allegiant news and realize they're only getting some of the incidents. When you're done, Google Valujet.

Go work for an actual airline, not a 'Travel company". JB, Virgin, Spirit. are all Airbus companies managed by airline professionals, not accountants, people who know the business and aren't at war with their employees. G4 is a get-rich scheme that's here to benefit only a select few at the cost and risk of everything. Most profitable "airline" because it won't invest in infrastructure or employees. $180 million was paid out to investors last year while refusing to invest in the operation or employees. The results are bad and getting much worse. You sound well qualified and there are plenty of jobs out there, choose carefully as it may be your last. Best of luck with your decision.

Last edited by tyler durden; 06-30-2015 at 07:51 AM.