Banned
disco inferno
Banned
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2014
  • Position
    Da Bus
Quote: 'Superior QOL & paycheck'?? What airline do you work for? The paycheck may be peanuts higher, but certainly not the QOL. Anyone would be way better off staying at 'said' regional (although this guy said he is in the Desert).
Speak for yourself. I went from commuting to a dying regional and sleeping in a crashpad 5 days a week, to living in base and have yet to do a single overnight. I have no regrets in coming here.

There is much validity to the complaints about Allegiant. The training flat out sucks. You better be good at self study. The up side is I made it through with no extra sims or checkride busts. I usually only get 11 days off a month and frequently only get one or two days off between a 5 or 6 day block of flying. The pay for the equipment we fly sucks horribly. We deserve way more than we get, yet management seems hellbent on making sure that never happens. Our management is openly disrespectful to our pilots. Following recent court decisions, our management has been flat out childish in rubbing it in our faces. I have never seen anything like it before.

With all that said, I am like others looking to get on at a legacy. Maybe it will happen and maybe it won't. No matter what happens, this is no FFD airline. We won't lose all of our flying as soon as our planes become outdated and our CPA is up for renewal. No regional can make that claim. I am sure my job is secure here until a legacy calls. If that never happens, I still consider myself to being in a better place than my previous job. The highest pad regional captain will never come close to what you can make here. Sadly though, management has done a fine job the last few months convincing me this is just a stepping stone job. As sad as that may be, you're better off here than any regional.