Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 05:16 PM
fishforfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Hoping for any position

Originally Posted by disco inferno View Post
Speak for yourself. I went from commuting to a dying regional and sleeping in a crashpad 5 days a week, to living in base and have yet to do a single overnight. I have no regrets in coming here.

There is much validity to the complaints about Allegiant. The training flat out sucks. You better be good at self study. The up side is I made it through with no extra sims or checkride busts. I usually only get 11 days off a month and frequently only get one or two days off between a 5 or 6 day block of flying. The pay for the equipment we fly sucks horribly. We deserve way more than we get, yet management seems hellbent on making sure that never happens. Our management is openly disrespectful to our pilots. Following recent court decisions, our management has been flat out childish in rubbing it in our faces. I have never seen anything like it before.

With all that said, I am like others looking to get on at a legacy. Maybe it will happen and maybe it won't. No matter what happens, this is no FFD airline. We won't lose all of our flying as soon as our planes become outdated and our CPA is up for renewal. No regional can make that claim. I am sure my job is secure here until a legacy calls. If that never happens, I still consider myself to being in a better place than my previous job. The highest pad regional captain will never come close to what you can make here. Sadly though, management has done a fine job the last few months convincing me this is just a stepping stone job. As sad as that may be, you're better off here than any regional.
Thank you for speaking up and speaking truth. Those making the argument that you are better off staying at a dead-end regional lose all credibility when they say that. If that is the case, then they should leave for the better regional that they are advocating for in lieu of coming to/staying at Allegiant. There is no argument that until Allegiant pays much better and sorts out the rest of the contract issues it will be nothing more than a stepping stone to companies that can be considered long term career options.

To address those that say go somewhere else, do you think this was a first choice for anyone? I have put out well over 50 applications to part 121, 135, 91 companies, attended job fairs and other than the so called better regionals I had received no calls until Allegiant called. And on the day I was at the interview I received 3 more interview offers but none were any better than Allegiant. Those that are joining the ranks are not the enemy, please do not forget that.