Thread: Lateral move
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 09:22 PM
ComAirColonel
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by seekingblue View Post
I think people have to do what is right for them. Gojet worked as a means to and end for me, and did so with good QOL. I'm not sure that Gojet is the best place to be in the current environment, but it could be, depending on the individuals situation.

Bottom line: let people choose what's best for them.
It is possible to get through without having them ruin your career, if the stars are aligned. My uncle made it through the Korean War without being killed. But he was only one of the 2 is his platoon to do so and it was purely dumb luck. He didn't go on to talk about how great the battle was and how it might be right for you too! He would recommend a different point of attack.
The point is that every airline is hiring and there are better choices out there. There are airlines who will treat you fairly. There are airlines that will treat you with respect. There are airlines where they actually follow the contract. You don't need to take chances with your career. You don't need to be a gambler with your life. If you want to gamble go to Vegas.
Getting to a major is not an easy thing and you should not start out by taking bad chances.
SeekingBlue might have made it through ok but I bet he has several friends who did not. Give us the full story SeekingBlue and tell us what happened to them. Congratulations on your survival.