View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Falcon7
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2012

Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
You want to know why he voted No, read his first paragraph. Here, I'll copy and past it for you:

So membership ratification (MEMRAT) voting has begun on the C2015 TA and will end on July 10 at 1100 PST. As I discussed in the last update, I voted NO at the MEC level on passing this to MEMRAT as I felt that given the institutional perspective I had as the Captain Representative and Chairman of C54, a member of the DALPA MEC, and as member of the ALPA National Board of Directors, the proposed TA (in aggregate) did not conform sufficiently to the respective mission statements and direction the Delta pilots had provided. That decision at the institutional level also demanded that, as a MEMRAT voter, I would also have to vote NO as a matter of ethical consistency, even though most of the problematic aspects of the TA would not significantly effect me due to seniority and retirement required in 2019. Again as I previously indicated, my disclosure of my votes is in no way intended to influence your individual MEMRAT vote as that must be based on your personal "kitchen table" discussion—you can either like it, live with it, or find it unacceptable based on your own criteria as that is exactly what MEMRAT is designed to accomplish.

Denny

That's the point. What he is telling his council is not what he apparently was saying at the MEC meeting.