View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Edward Drake
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2014
Default Getting back on track.....at age 42

Hello forum people!

Been a reader of this great forum for a while, but this is my first post.

I'm interested in real world advice related to beginning an airline career at age 42.

My background: My earliest flight training was in a Starduster bi-plane at age 14. Ages 17 - 22 I earned my Private, Instrument, Commercial, CFII, & MEI.

Total time is about 4,000 Hours PIC, 450 Multi, Limited turbine right seat here and there.

Most of the flight time was accumulated doing flight instruction with some 135 experience in a Navajo.

My resume is sort of an antique train wreck as I left flying to work locally for a friend's business, went back to work at the flight school & then quit flying again (around 2013) when the school changed hands.

Since then, the wife and I have been running an eBay "business" together going to estate sales and selling online, so I don't show any employment since 2013.

If any of you or someone you know may have been in a similar situation and was hired by an airline I would appreciate suggestions on how to proceed. Also, how much is my lack of recent flight time going to affect the situation.

Thanks!

edit: Heh! I see a few, almost identical, posts have been made regarding this. Looks like a popular concern around here!

Last edited by Edward Drake; 07-01-2015 at 04:26 PM. Reason: .