Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 05:45 PM
EngFail
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by dawgdriver View Post
"In an email Wednesday, the airline pointed to “summer heat, the extra demand on our aircraft and the pace of operations during peak travel periods for causing mechanical problems that have grounded flights."

I can't stop laughing! I come back to this thread for the entertainment. Seriously, It's better than fiction. Best comedy available.

Question: Did the summer heat come unexpectedly this year? Can someone please send these hacks a farmers almanac! Here's another: Was the 'extra demand" on aircraft, unexpected or does Allegiant have a planning department?? Did their own plan surprise them like the summer heat? (Still laughing). "Pace of operations during peak travel."? Who sets that 'pace'??Allegiant must have also short-changed their PR dept. When is Allegiant going to grow up and start behaving like an airline? ("travel company"?) I forgot, they're "different".

The Planning (wishing) dept. obviously answers to the overzealous financial planning/analysis Gods. Does operations answer to them too? Do they also get over-ridden by clueless accountants when they complain their ridiculously over-optimistic summer flying 'wish-list' is not feasible?

This same crap happened every summer I was there. Same stooges, same 'shoot for the moon' approach to maximizing $$ at the passenger's expense. The execs are hitting the links, sipping cocktails while the exhausted employees deal with the mess they create. Hey, why not bail these poor execs out by picking up some mission modes? Be a sport! They clearly need the money.

Priceless.
Dawg, your killin me man. Go back to your wide body already; lucky Dog! Layoff g4, management bonus season is right around the corner don’t ya know. Besides, rich man racecars don’t fix themselves brother.