View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 06:04 AM
badflaps
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: retired 767(dl)

Originally Posted by Whereisalpa View Post
I will not wax on about days of yore, but my dad was hired in the mid 60's and RETIRED at the of 60. He is now 78 and enjoying a 175k+/year retirement. He asks me often how my "career" is going. I have to flat out lie to him. If he knew of 40% pay cuts and the LOSS of a pension, RJ flying that kept me in the right seat for 18 years, he would keel over and cry. He would never understand how alpa could bend over and take it up the shoot while mgmt and alpa reps milk the fruit of my labor. This "TA" and our union have vastly underestimated how sick we are of telling our kids, "no, we can't buy that... or we have to wait until next pay day." This great once great career has turned into an average job. Take away PS, outsource jobs, raise quitting age to 70?!?!? When will it be enough is enough to get us some respect and money back into our families lives??
Kudos to your dad, I live around a couple of UAL pilots, we were all hired in the early-mid 60's. Knockin' down the big bucks...$50-$70k a year.