View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 06:55 AM
is3cm
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by bornc7d View Post
They are currently not hiring street captain but will be hiring roughly 20 soon. Gulfstream is not alot of fun to deal with but you get alot of hours very quickly and if you have the 1500 tt (especially with jet time) your chances are good. As far as the northeast thing, supposedly the corprate part of the deal is done, now come the logistics of staffing and what not. As far as getting TPA captain slot you have a fairly good chance, I believe they cant even fill the captain slots there. PBI is a different question, but the way there is a mass exodus from the "stream" priorities might change by tomarrow. The only plus I can say for Streamers is that everyone shares a common hate for the company, and most of the pilots are really cool. But you will quickly hate the company but if your after 1000pic then you will have it less than a year out of OE. Many captains from the stream are going to SW, Spirit, and some international 135 like Miami Air. TPA is one of the better bases so good luck.
I second everything that was said here. But to add to that.. I lived in Tampa and drove to work. I was home everynight and that alone made it awhole lot better. The flying out of Tampa is usually to the north so you say away from the corporate crap of Lauderdale and Miami. Mostly all day trips. Some of them long days but for the most part decent. Lots of good people in Tampa also. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck to you..