View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 01:53 PM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Rowdy,

almost without fail, whenever someone says "trust me", its usually a mistake.

I don't want a economic or lifestyle windfall to open the FDA, just want to maintain the status quo, and I don't think that's likely with the LOA as written.

current move package already gives me 10k or 79CH, whichever is greater, at the new rate of pay.....so, the new hire capt gets more bucks with the existing CBA than would with the LOA....assuming the FDA is not his first domicile

and, if i understand your argument, we have too many pilots, but, if we vote down the loa, the company will hire more pilots to do the flying already being done by existing employees?

something else i don't understand, fedex is retaining more pilots due to the possible changes to Age 60 (timing TBD) yet, my relative seniority moved up 150 numbers.....why is that? while I don't have the old retirement chart, I seem to recall the retirement forecast was about 170 in 2006 (its 126 in 07 and 151 in 08

why again, should I trust someone making his/her first ever post on APC?

instead of a rental allowance for LOA move option 2 (no rental allowance for option 1).....why not something similar to what some companies provide. When my cousin moved to Paris for his company, they handed him the keys to a company car, flat, and a COLA.