Old 07-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Check Complete
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2010

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
You are right. A guy sitting behind a computer hundreds of miles away is responsible for low speed events causing a shaker. Certainly can't be the fault of the two ATP/typed guys who are manipulating the flight controls (or monitoring). Everyone makes mistakes, but blaming the company for low speed events due to cruise profiles/Econ speeds is a stretch. I don't think they told you to cruise within 5 knots of stall did they? Even if they did, which I doubt, still the pilots responsibility to not stall the plane. Sorry, even Skywest pilots can make mistakes. The first step is accepting and admitting that. Stop trying to shift blame.
Well, 5 years ago we didn't have this problem. We didn't have SmartCI. We didn't have a bunch of clowns down in SGU that never or can't fly telling us how to fly the plane. We didn't have an oversight system where you have to tell your chief pilot why you're early.

Now that things have been "fixed", we have problems. Now that things are "fixed" we have published stupid slow allowable airspeeds that have been proven are safe(not)! Now that things are "fixed" we are told by SCI to fly M.64 at FL 390.

The FAA did what SkyWest management could not.

I really don't blame them!