View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 05:00 AM
NextFlightHome
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by Wynncore View Post
Question for any Virgin pilot who is familiar: As I type this message I confirmed that the pilot hiring window is indeed closed (the job for "pilot" is not available/doesn't come up when searched for on the VA website). For those who have applied when the hiring window was open (1st and 2nd quarter of this year) and who at the moment have not heard anything back, will we have to reapply when the window opens back up, or can we continue to update our profile by attaching updated resumes/cover letters to our application within the VA website?
I believe you can update your profile/times anytime you want. If you've already applied, you're good.

Originally Posted by OCCP View Post
I think your application it good for a year so you shouldn't have to re-apply.

I hope the window is not closed for too long, I heard we are losing two more fo's this month. Both around 5 or 6 months seniority.
If you ask certain FltOps management staff, we have no plans to hire the rest of the year as "we are adequately staffed." Ask HR/Hiring dept and it's a different story. Can't imagine how we can't hire more with new aircraft hitting the line in the next month or two. Even if they don't hit until sept like some claim, that's still 4 aircraft with a min of 11ish? per seat. While CAs are really understaffed, FOs aren't that overstaffed. They will need to hire or they're delusional in thinking we can staff 10 more airplanes as we stand now.