View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Just Fly
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Tolpin -- leaving mil at retirement...could do a few more years but the writing is on the wall and I'm in a flying billet now which I don't think I ever will be again. I'd like to go straight to a Major, but I'm prepared to go to a regional if that's what the market has to offer me. My helo time is now 15 years old, so not thinking I can exploit that experience as readily as my fixed-wing time.

All -- Although I'm currently flying, its not much (2-5 sorties a month) and I'm overseas. On a near-term trip to the States I'm thinking of doing my CTP one week then an ATP prep (+ hours) and my check the second week. Is there any good gouge out there on what an ATP check ride consists of (maneuvers and ground eval), and I guess more importantly how "big pic" is that ride? The genesis of my question is am I assuming too much risk trying to bundle all of those events into two weeks, especially since I've not been flying much recently. I know that's a broad questions, but looking for folks feedback.