View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 03:04 AM
BoatMech
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: 767 F/O
Default Council 44 Elections

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I was recently briefed on the fact that the Washington DC LEC Chairman at United Airlines had discovered a Letter of Agreement in our TA. He is very upset on behalf of all airline pilots, and you should be too. This LOA was not briefed to the MEC at the time that the TA was presented. I know, I was there. This letter will allow the company to increase are health care premiums to what ever they feel necessary to avoid paying taxes and put the burden once again on us.

Again, for 57 Million dollars a year in dues, our representation should be working to help protect us from such harmful agreements. Instead they are making it harder to take care of our families, while helping a multi-billion dollar company avoid taxes!

Many of you have called and emailed me asking me to run for a position as a representative in council 44. I want to again remind all of you that I have never held any position in ALPA nor have I even volunteered.

I can tell you this, I know how hard all of you work, out there on the line, everyday. I know how hard it was to get here, no matter what your background. I know the heartache of spending holiday after holiday away from your family. I know how much the company has taken and how rich they have become off of our hard work. And, I know what a bad TA looks like, and this one is very bad!

At the request of many hundreds of you to date, I will run for a position in council 44 when the next election opens up.

Thank You for all of the support! You are the most amazing and talented group of people I have ever met. Remember, this is a hard job that only a very few people in the world can do. Just because you are so good at it that you make it look easy, doesn't mean you should be paid less for your lifetime of hard work and dedication!

Fraternally and With Great Determination,

Jimmy Johnson