Thread: Elite Airways
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 02:20 PM
Hercguy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: C206

An email I received in Sept '14 from an Elite pilot...

well i wish i had better news about Elite. Im presently planning on going to be...due to the fact that Elite treats people like crap,and if you have a family forget about seeing them again,well thats what the CEOs wife told us, she wasn't lieing. they promise 7 on 7 off but its more like 10-14 on 2 off 12 on 3 off. They say we are bringing more guys on line to help but reality is that they are not keeping up with attrition. the last class started with 15 is now down to 11.if u get hired in as a captain they pay you salary of 72K and work you so much that turns to 19$an hr. thats if the check clears they constantly are late with pay and your 25$a day per diem reimbursement check good luck getting that check its usually 2months behind if you are lucky. they are boasting about getting 757s on property soon making people drool but the crj drivers will never sit in them. There is also a buddy system unless u are part of that, part of the inner circle which none of the comair guys are included in that can cherry pick trip and get days off whenever they want. If you complain then you get a target on your back. So be forewarned this place is dangerous they expect you to look the other way on duty time and other safety issues. Take my advise and stay away unless you are homeless with no family and friends, unless you want to get away from your wife which is the majority of the guys there. On the pluss side if you like to spend your entire paycheck on Partying doing laundry and bar tabs, they are all for that! the other good thing is they do reluctantly buy you a ticket to go to work they just don't like to buy you one back home until you threaten to quit then they will look into it. so if you want to be on the road 25days a month then it may be the place for you.
I hope this helps good luck, they will be hiring again soon count on it!